Such gentle and majestic giants. I know there’s controversy in regards to feeding them in Oslob, but selfishly, it was an experience of a lifetime and I wish I had more time with them. There were so many that I was either focused on trying to grab good video footage, or fiercely watching my back in hopes I wouldn’t bump into one cause they come so close to you and I would scream like a b!#%$ 😂 #donsphorty#whaleshark#oslob
Had to cut off a “friend” for this very reason.
Be attentive to how they treat you. Respond to you. Because often they show you who they are without you having to ask.
. Stay woke.
Reposting, because it's necessary.
Tips for this holiday season:
• Don't talk to the back of an employees' head. We won't ignore you so much as have no idea who you're talking to or what you're talking about. There's a lot going on around us. And most of the voices we hear are on the phone. We're not turning around every time we hear, "peanut butter?" We'd never get anything done.
• Building on the above bullet point, don't start a conversation with the name of the product you can't find. Again, we have zero context and no idea what you're talking about. It just feels like we're playing Password. "Peanut butter?"
• You can feel free to refer to me by name. My name is Excuse Me.
• Intheback is not a magical land made of infinite space and rainbows and whatever happens to pop into your head at any given moment. Intheback is a small space that tends to be too small for the ridiculously busy times of the year.
• There is no they. They is just me.
• It's important to keep in mind that holidays are times of great unhappiness and discomfort for everyone. Remembering that will go a long way towards helping you to elbow a weaker person out of the way to get that last ___________.
• In conclusion, remember: you're annoyed because you've been in this crowded, pushy, loud, overly stimulating environment for 15 seconds. We've been there for 8 hours...every day. And if you're mean to us, we may or may not actually look for what you want in that magical land, Intheback. We may just go to Intheback, chat with a friend for a second, and come back to tell you, "Goshdarnit, they're out." Under the heading Self Interest, just be nice to us. I promise we'll look for what you want.