Thank you so much to everyone who came out to our PETER KRAUS Fitness bootcamp yesterday in Naperville, IL!! One of the most energetic and fun classes I’ve had yet! A very special thank you as well to these four guys who came out and crushed the workout along with me! Can’t wait to do it again! So... Whose city are we coming to next?!? #pkfit#bootcamp
Sim, sabemos, rest é fundamental, mas.. né ..!😂
Hope you all had a fab weekend !!!🙌🏽💕
Harri has her last week of school until summer break while em Leah and Alex have already finished and are on holidays !
follow our account @our_activelife for more !!!🌊
Boa noite lindezas... Vamos de dicas!!! Boa noite amigos, essa vai para quem gosta de correr, uma lista de alimentos super importantes para os corredores!!!👊⚡️👊.
✔️Banana – é um combustível tão bom durante o treino quanto usar bebidas esportivas, atesta o American College..
✔️Gengibre – pesquisas mostram que o gengibre tem efeito anti-inflamatório e ajuda a diminuir as dores musculares causadas pelo exercício..
✔️Castanha do Brasil – um estudo brasileiro mostrou que apenas uma unidade da castanha contém todo o selênio que precisamos no dia e pode ajudar na imunidade dos atletas, que costuma ficar baixa após as provas e treinamentos intensos..
✔️Caldo de cana e rapadura – ricos em carboidrato, recuperam rapidamente o glicogênio muscular e deixam o músculo pronto para o treino seguinte. Um estudo da Unicamp demonstrou efeito protetor da garapa sobre as alterações musculares produzidas pelo exercício..
✔️Uva-passa – já usada para prevenir cãibras porque é fácil de comer e rica em potássio, mostrou-se tão eficaz como repositor de energia como os snacks esportivos mais consumidos pelos atletas (estudo fresquinho publicado no British Medical Journal)..
Agora é só colocar o tênis e partir para a corrida!!! Procure seu nutricionista! Para marcar uma consulta presencial ou uma consultoria online o telefone está no perfil!.🏃🏃. @Regranned from @nutricionistaevandrodoriquetto
Do your hips rise too fast on the way up from a heavy squat - aka the "stripper squat"?! Let's talk about how to fix this today! 👇🏼👇🏼
In my opinion, this is not related to a lack of back strength or core stability but rather balance/coordination. Ideally we want to see the bar track over the middle of the foot, keeping our body in balance. ✅
When our body loses coordination as we fatigue, we resort to an unbalanced squat in an effort to get the weight up at all costs. This usually leads to the hips rising WAY TOO FAST. Not only does this drain your power & kill your chances of making the lift but it places a TON of harmful forces on the small structures of your low back that can lead to an injury❌
On your ascent, think about driving your hips & chest up at the same rate. When you feel your hips driving up faster as you reach your sticking point, drive them forward under the bar. This will help you stay balanced & keep your chest from collapsing. 🙌🏼🙌🏼
I hope you're enjoying these short #AskSquatU shows - make sure to check out SquatU on YouTube for longer full length shows! 🙌🏼🙌🏼
Despite the best efforts of T-Nation, I am (very) slowly taking the twitter world by storm.
I've recently discovered that some of the best heads in the industry use twitter just as much as the other platforms to share their wealth of knowledge. If you haven't already - jump on board and get learning.
It'll be more productive than hanging out in 30+ second planks with zero consideration to your lumbopelvic alignment.
JANUARY OFFER!!! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Start the new year off right and join us for our ThriveLite Shred Month. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For just $69 you get an unlimited membership for the month of January. For those interested we will also be offering before and after measurements. So you can see the results of your hard work that we guarantee. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
ThriveLite is our 45 minute free weights and cardio fat burning program. For more info please follow the link in our bio. Want to get a head start then feel free to take us up on our 3 free trial sessions from today.
Good news! All Cyber Monday orders are going out the door tomorrow, including a few of these 45/20 plates! A few orders that came in after Cyber Monday will be going out as well, and I’ll be catching up with the rest over the course of the week! Thank you thank you and I hope you all love your new shiny things 🤗 •
‘Advanced’ Deadlift Variations
1. Paused deadlift- can be paused just off the floor or below the knee. Have a problem getting the bar off the floor or locking out? Try this.
2. Banded Deadlift- (bands are attached to the rack in front of me) adds a component of accommodating resistance. Multiple variations- regular banded, band supported and in this case forward band tension. Great for cueing a tight set up and forcing the client to lock out effectively and powerfully at the top of the rep to not get pulled forward into the rack lol
3. Deficit deadlifts- 2-3 inches. Increase the range of motion of the lift. One of my favourite accessory lower body movements.
4. Block pulls- increasing total intensity of the lift (weight) and working on a shortened range of motion or pulling from a weak point. Awesome for focusing on the lockout.
1. Work on different aspects of the movement. Think segmented “practice” for the main skill
2. Great hypertrophy tools when used in higher volume settings
3. Efficient strength development tools for more advanced clients at higher %’s
4. Can all be used for developing speed (speed pulls)
5. Adds more dimension to someone’s program who wants to deadlift more than 1x per week while minimizing total stress (if planned appropriately)
5. Can be used as an accessory movement or main movement.
Side note: if you suck at deadlifting, you just need to work on the main movement. Don’t over complicate it. Basics always win
Winner winner! The Savage Team took me in like one of their own and I couldn’t have felt more comfortable and loved. May not have had the best day but actually had the best day. Over 600lb squat again, I can’t complain ☺️ ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️Thank you so much to our British family and a huge thank you to Jack @fitnessworxgym for holding the event and Dan for hosting! @savageappareluk